You may have heard the term bandied about at networking events or amongst your marketing colleagues. So what is it? Well, we're doing it right now, in this blog. In a nutshell, Inbound Marketing is the creation and sharing of content to draw people towards your brand.
It includes blogs, SEO, social media marketing, podcasts, video and e-newsletters.
Its aim is to draw your customers' attention, and make your business easy to find by producing interesting content. It uses a ‘pull’ approach to attract potential customers, when they are actively searching for products and services, as opposed to traditional ‘push’ marketing, or selling to people when they aren't necessarily ready to buy, or are not a 'warm lead'.
Here are some practical steps you can take at the start of your Inbound Marketing journey:
- Start a blog, and try to post three or four times a week.
- Share your blog content with followers on your other social media platforms.
- If you've got any educational or business-based content, share it with relevant LinkedIn Groups.
- Stay up to date with current affairs and find opportunities to mention what's happening right now, for an immediate increase in social reach (#RoyalBaby is a good example!).
- Make sure your campaign is visual, or even includes a video link. Using this tactic, your content is more likely to be shared.
Public can help with your Inbound Marketing, so just contact us to find out how.